Hi loves! Today I’m sharing with you some tips to decorate your home with fashion and deco books. Coffee table books have been around for a while and therefore they’re becoming more and more affordable. Personally I won’t buy anything that I don’t want to read, so my coffee table books are from my favourite designers. I also like to have a bit of a mix between fashion, design and anything else that attracts my eye. But apart from personal choices, I’d like to share some tips with you to keep it elegant and pleasing to the eye.
Amazon is the best to buy coffee table books cause they’re often on sale and there’s a very wide variety. You can find the measures in the description and sometimes also a few images of the book from the side. What I do is keep an eye on my favourite and buy them when they’re on sale. Although some of them are always quite expensive so I keep them in my wish list and get them for special occasions as a gift for myself.
UNDER $ 50
UNDER $ 100
OVER $ 100
MY FAVOURITE CHOICES
As you can see these books are mostly about fashion and design. I picked my favourite designers and some of the ‘ not so common ‘ once, cause I think the coffee table books should reflect your personality and interests.
Remember to double check that you’re buying the hard cover. It seems obvious, but sometimes Amazon selects itself the type of book, so you should always check it before you go to the check out.
To style your coffee table books nicely:
- Pile them in different sizes. Personally I like the intentional messy way, so I always have piles with different sizes. The very big ones at the bottom and the top one can be a normal size book so that the front of the one under it is shown.
- Neutral colours. I usually go for neutrals (black, white, grey and browns) and then play with other deco to give colour. But if you have a common colour already running through the house, you might wanna get some coffee table books in that colour shades.
- Vertical display. In case you are going to sit them vertical I will suggest to mix the sizes – I don’t like high t low or vice versa, too perfect for me. This way you can concentrate on topics. So you can have all the fashion designers on one side and all the interiors on another, maybe with some other deco objects between them. But you can, for example, have 2 big books and then 3 smaller and keep going this way.
- Tiny spaces tiny books. There are some very nice and clean coffee table books in mini size. These are perfect for tiny spaces that still need a nice touch – bathrooms or small side tables.
- Top books. As a perfect styled pile, I will have on top what better matches with the colours of the house, considering the others deco on that space. For example if I have a lot of white vases and candles, the top book will be black or anything but white. But you can always have a small size book on top of a pile of big books, to display a bit of both.
- Deco on top. Another thing I love to do is to sit some candles, small plants or small objects on to of my pile. This trick helps to give depth and movement. Sometimes though the book is too beautiful to hide its cover, so this is entirely up to your personal taste.
Lots of love, JuliaG.